transportweb membership - terms and conditions
If you submit an entry to our directory, we will ask you to expressly agree to these terms of membership.
2. Our directory
We welcome submissions to transportweb. You may submit an entry to our directory through the transportweb web site. You will have the opportunity to identify and correct input errors prior to making your submission.
Your submission to our directory must relate to transport and the transport industry, and it must consist of the following as a minimum:
- contact name and address.
- organisation name and address.
- email address.
You must not submit to our directory incomplete websites, websites that are “under construction”, mirror websites, websites that are identical or very similar to websites already in our directory, made-for-AdSense websites, or websites the content of which consists wholly or mainly of affiliate links. You must not submit the same website to our directory more than once - even if the URL is different. Any websites that contain Malware or similarly damaging content, or are detected by a third party, such as Google, of doing so, will be rejected.
Your directory submissions must comply with our “acceptable use” and “submissions” provisions below.
If you make a directory submission, you will be asked to choose an email address and password, which will be used to login to your transportweb account. You must ensure that your email address and password are kept confidential. You must notify us immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your account or password. You are responsible for any activity on our website arising out of any failure to keep your password confidential, and may be held liable for any losses arising out of such a failure. You must not use any other person's email address and password to access our website, unless you have that person's express permission to do so. We may disable your transportweb account in our sole discretion without notice or explanation.
You must keep your directory submissions up-to-date using our website interface.
3. Free Membership
transportweb allows you to join as a member without charge, subject to the following limitations: you will only be permitted to publish one single business listing.
We may delete free directory submissions at any time in our sole discretion with or without notice to you.
4. Paid Membership
In addition to free membership, we provide two levels of a paid membership service that give the following benefits:
- ability to publish more than one business listing.
- publish organisation news and press releases (in accordance with our fair usage policy limited to a maximum of three news articles / press releases during seven consecutive days).
- post items that are for sale (in accordance with our fair usage policy limited to a maximum of one item per day).
- promote events (in accordance with our fair usage policy limited to a maximum of twelve published events during seven consecutive days).
- promote jobs (in accordance with our fair usage policy limited to a maximum of twelve published jobs during seven consecutive days).
- promote courses and other training (in accordance with our fair usage policy limited to a maximum of twelve published courses / training sessions during seven consecutive days).
- setup and manage multiple users with access to your transportweb account.
- reduction on our standard advertising rates.
For users wishing to exceed our fair usage policy, bespoke membership may be available.
Paid memberships cannot be downgraded to free memberships (or other paid memberships of a lower level) during the subscription period, but can be renewed at a lower membership level.
The applicable membership charges will be as set out on our website from time to time. All membership charges stated on the website are stated inclusive of VAT. You must pay to us the membership charges in respect of a submission in advance, in cleared funds, in accordance with the instructions on transportweb. We may vary membership charges from time to time by posting new charges on our website. However, such variations will not affect memberships that have already been paid for.
We offer a 'cooling off' period for all new membership applications (not renewals). This period is for seven days and starts from the moment your application is active. If you cancel your subscription during this penalty there will be no penalty and your full payment will be refunded. To cancel your membership you must inform us by email during the cooling-off period, and all refunds will be actioned a maximum of fourteen days following receipt of your cancellation email.
We reserve the right to amend the benefits of each membership level at any time with our without notice.
Paid memberships renew automatically at the end of each period of subscription. You will recieve a renewal notice towards the anniversary of your application date informing you of your upcoming renewal and providing an opportunity to cancel or change payment details. Unless cancellation or change in details are received and confirmed by us, payment will be taken for a new subscription period at the date of anniversary using the payment details we hold. There is no cooling-off period for renewals.
You may also downgrade your level of transportweb membership at time of renewal. Requests for cancellation or changes in transportweb membership must be received at least ten days prior to renewal date.
5. Acceptable Use
You must not use transportweb in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to transportweb or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
You must not use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our express written consent.
You must not use data collected from transportweb or the transportweb directory for any direct marketing activity, including without limitation email marketing, SMS marketing, telemarketing and direct mailing.
You grant to us a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute your submissions in any existing or future media. You also grant to us the right to sub-license these rights, and the right to bring an action for infringement of these rights.
Your submissions must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any third party's legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action whether against you or us or a third party (in each case under any applicable law).
Your submissions (and their publication on transportweb) must not:
- be libellous or maliciously false;
- be obscene or indecent;
- infringe any copyright, moral right, database right, trade mark right, design right, right in passing off, or other intellectual property right;
- infringe any right of confidence, right of privacy, or right under data protection legislation;
- constitute negligent advice or contain any negligent statement;
- constitute an incitement to commit a crime;
- be in contempt of any court, or in breach of any court order;
- be in breach of racial or religious hatred or discrimination legislation;
- be blasphemous;
- be in breach of official secrets legislation;
- be in breach of any contractual obligation owed to any person;
- depict violence;
- be pornographic or sexually explicit;
- be untrue, false, inaccurate or misleading;
- consist of or contain any instructions, advice or other information which may be acted upon and could, if acted upon, cause illness, injury or death, or any other loss or damage;
- constitute spam;
- be offensive, deceptive, threatening, abusive, harassing, or menacing, hateful, discriminatory or inflammatory; or
- cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to any person.
Your submissions must be appropriate, civil, tasteful and accord with generally accepted standards of etiquette and behaviour on the internet.
You must not submit to our website any submissions that are or have ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint.
We reserve the right to edit or remove any material submitted to our website, or stored on our servers, or hosted or published upon our website.
7. Discontinuing service
We reserve the right to discontinue our directory services (and the publication of our website) at any time in our sole discretion with or without notice.
- you have paid for directory submission;
- we discontinue the directory service;
we will refund to you such portion of your payment as related to any period after the discontinuance of the directory service.
Save as provided in this Section 7, you will not be entitled to any refund upon the discontinuance of our directory services.
8. Limited warranties
You acknowledge that some of the information published on transportweb is submitted by users, and that we do not usually review, approve or edit such information. We do not warrant the completeness or accuracy of the information published on this website; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up-to-date.
You acknowledge that:
- we do not confirm the identity of companies and persons listed in our directory, check their credit worthiness or bona fides, or otherwise vet them;
- we do not check, audit or monitor the information contained in the directory;
- we are not party to any contract for the sale or purchase of goods or services entered into with any company or person in our directory; and
- we are not the agents for any company or person in our directory.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to this website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill).
9. Limitations and exclusions of liability
We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, including (without limitation) loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill. We will not be liable to you in respect of any loss or corruption of any data, database or software. We will not be liable to you in respect of any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
Our liability to you will not extend to any membership related benefits, goods or services provided by an external provider. We specifically exclude liability for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result of your involvement in whatever manner with an external provider.
- send you one or more formal warnings;
- temporarily suspend your access to transportweb;
- permanently prohibit you from accessing transportweb;
- block computers using your IP address from accessing the website;
- contact your internet services provider and request that they block your access to the website;
- bring court proceedings against you for breach of contract or otherwise;
- delete and/or edit any or all of your directory or website submissions; and/or
- suspend and/or delete your account with transportweb.
Where we suspend or prohibit or block your access to our website or a part of our website, you must not take any action to circumvent such suspension or prohibition or blocking (including without limitation creating and/or using a different account).
12. Third party web sites
transportweb hyperlinks to other websites owned and operated by third parties. These links are not recommendations. We have no control over the contents of third party websites, and we accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
“transportweb” and our logo are trade marks belonging to us. We give no permission for the use of these trade marks, and such use may constitute an infringement of our rights.
The other registered and unregistered trade marks or service marks on our website are the property of their respective owners. Unless stated otherwise, we do not endorse and are not affiliated with any of the holders of any such rights and as such we cannot grant any licence to exercise such rights.
From time to time we may run competitions, free prize draws and/or other promotions on our website. These will be subject to separate terms and conditions (that we will make available to you as appropriate).
18. Exclusion of third party rights
19. Entire agreement
20. Law and jurisdiction
21. Use of Personal Data
The Personal Data you provide will be used to process your application for transportweb membership. Your data will be used for marketing, statistical and analytical purposes and to administer your membership. You may receive membership communications from time-to-time including news about offers. We will not pass any data onto a third party.
22. Our details
transportweb is a trading division of This is Focus Ltd.
Registered in England & Wales – registration number: 07522150.
Registered address: 18a Heath Road, Nailsea, Bristol BS48 1AD.
Address for correspondence: 66 Queens Road, Clifton, Bristol BS8 1QU
transportweb terms of membership
v1.1, September 2013.